- To meet the demand of various futures trading strategies and to provide market participants with a convenient way to transact large positions, TAIFEX introduced continuous matching Block Trade facility on December 19, 2011 and negotiated Block Trades facility on December 2, 2013.
- Trading Hours: The trading hours for Block Trade are the same as every products' specifications. Block trade orders are not accepted before trading session.
- Eligible Products
TAIEX Futures (TX), Mini-TAIEX Futures (MTX), TAIEX Options (TXO), Single Stock Futures (STF), Single Stock Options (STO) , TPEx 200 Futures (G2F), F4G TIP TW ESG Futures(E4F), TIP Taiwan BIO Index(BTF), USD/CNH FX Futures(RHF), USD/CNT FX Futures(RTF), USD/CNH FX Options(RHO),and USD/CNT FX Options(RTO), EUR/USD FX Futures(XEF), USD/JPY FX Futures(XJF), GBP/USD FX Futures(XBF), AUD/USD FX Futures(XAF), TAIFEX Gold Futures(GDF), TAIFEX NT Dollar Gold Futures(TGF), Gold Options(TGO), DJIA Futures(UDF), S&P 500 Futures(SPF), Nasdaq-100 Futures (UNF), FTSE® 100 Index Futures(F1F) and Brent Crude Oil Futures(BRF).
- Minimum Thresholds
- RHF, RTF, XEF, XJF, XBF, and XAF, GDF and TGF : 50 lots
- TX, MTX, RHO, and RTO and TGO : 100 lots
- TXO, STF, G2F ,E4F ,BTF, UDF, SPF, UNF, F1F and BRF : 200 lots
- STO : 400 lots
- Each component (contract/leg) of a combination order must meet the minimum threshold, except for combination orders that are composed of futures and options contracts with the same underlying. In this case, only each of the options components shall comply with the minimum quantity threshold.
Example: the following combination order is eligible because TXO and TX have the same underlying. Therefore only TXO shall be at or above 200 lots.
Contract Price Buy/Sell Lots TXO/8000call/201308 35.5 Sell 200 TXO/7900put/201308 45.5 Sell 200 TX/201308 7937 Buy 10
- Trading Process
- Continuous Matching: Participants designate Futures Commission Merchants (FCMs) to place the orders in the trading system. Orders are matched on the price priority and time priority principle.
- Negotiated Block Trade: Participants privately negotiate the prices and quantities with counterparties, and then request their respective FCMs to file reports on line or through the trading system to TAIFEX for confirmations on acceptances and executions.
- Price Limits
The same as the regular market.
- Minimum Price Movement
The minimum price movement for TXO is 0.1. For the rest of the products, the same as the regular market.
- Margin Requirements
The same as in the regular market. However, TAIFEX's rules governing day trading margin calculations and collections do not apply.
- Information Disclosure:
- Information on block trade execution will be disseminated in real time on TAIFEX website. (https://mis.taifex.com.tw)
- Block trades do not affect open/high/low/close/settlement information in the regular market. However, block trade volumes will be included in all Exchange market data reporting.